We’re Hiring a Creative Technologist
Reel2Media is an award winning creative audio content company specialising in smart speaker experiences, podcasts, and sonic branding.
We are looking for a results-oriented creative technologist to join our team and help bring our ideas to fruition. You will be consulting with internal teams to design creative technical solutions that address our needs, developing enhanced and interactive user-experiences, and demonstrating prototypes.
You will be tasked with developing and driving technical innovation throughout the business, with a strong focus on prototype production and overseeing technical innovation, with expertise in web technologies.
You will need to exhibit advanced application architecture skills and extensive industry knowledge. You will help transform developmental needs into intuitive, effective, and user-friendly digital experiences.
This role is ideal for someone who likes to get their hands dirty and is able to bring an idea to life quickly to showcase potential. If you are a true polyglot and generalist, this is the role for you! Your work will impact the way the world engages in audio experiences!
Ideally you’ll be passionate about audio and possess an understanding of well produced, engaging audio content, the podcasting landscape, emerging audio platforms, audio branding and the power of sound.
- Brainstorming and developing concepts with the content and design team.
- Driving application innovation and integrating new technologies.
- Creating and refining product outlines, as well as developing prototypes.
- Demonstrating and testing prototypes and completed applications.
- Incorporating user feedback into IT solution designs.
- Providing clients and internal departments with end-user support.
- Performing debugging procedures, code improvement, and re-designing tasks.
- Documenting development processes, procedures, and application version histories.
- Keeping abreast with advancements in application design and new technologies.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Degree level qualification in computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a creative technologist.
- Demonstrable industry knowledge.
- Advanced proficiency in dynamic languages, web frameworks, and multiple APIs.
- Extensive experience in designing, deploying, and optimizing technical solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb collaboration and communication skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional ability to lead technological innovation.
- Have extensive experience with modern frontend web ecosystems, and a comprehensive understanding application lifecycle
- Experience working with remote data technologies such as REST, JSON, GraphQL
- Practical experience of Git and Git-flow
- Knowledge of Alexa development, Alexa Skill Kit (ASK)
- Knowledge of AWS, in particular Serverless technologies (Lambda, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of Architect Framework, Smart Device APIs (e.g. Hue) would be a bonus!
Reel2Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what you’re listening to.
Please submit a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Location: Remote / UK / US
Job Type: Full Time / Contractor (dependent on location)
Salary: £50k+ (dependent on experience and location)
Reel2Media is an award winning creative audio company specialising in smart speaker experiences, podcasts, and sonic branding.
Advancements in voice and smart speaker technology, personalized audio experiences, and podcasting have revolutionized the sonic landscape. Reel2Media puts brands and audiences at the forefront of this revolution, creating innovative and interactive audio experiences, designed to engage audiences with entertaining and absorbing content that addresses and solves interesting problems. We also help brands develop their sonic identity across all audio touchpoints.
Reel2Media is the sister company to ReelWorld Productions who have been creating jingles and audio imaging for market leading radio stations around the world for over 25 years.